Aielaman'Shan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wheel of Time's The Old Tongue - It means: Dedicated Dragon Lord/s

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Spy reports master list here
RIP Iris.
35 days, 9 hours.
Chat

Ship Builds

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Naboo
Raid Leader
Naboo

Ship Builds Empty
PostSubject: Ship Builds   Ship Builds EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 7:02 pm

A Guide about Your Ships:

Hello, well some people where asking about there ships and what devices to put on, so here is a guide on what devices you should use,
DO NOT take these as a must, this is just a guide everyone likes things differently.

Basics about techs:
1. Your weapon of choice is completely your own until level 20, then the only weapon that will surpass that level is your Racial Weapon, so I suggest using that as your primary weapon.
Humans specialize in Missiles. Alcon specialize in Laser Beams. Veeren specialize in Biochems. Mu specialize in Carrots.
2. There are a choice of 12 different devices doing different things, you can only pick a maximum of 4 (on Mother Ships).
3. You should no level devices or weapons you will not be using as it will increase your power with no benefit to you, and leave you prone to attack from greater levels, so try to only level the ones you will be using.

Your Ships (MS):
You should ideally have two types of ships, Attack and Defence(or whatever you would like to call them). This is more beneficial as you have one set of ships to absorb the damage and tank it, and another set of ships to kill and do the damage. Your higher Command should hold the Defence ships and the less command hold the Attack.

Build For Your Ships:
There are many variations of this, but this is what I personally use and think it works most successfully, I will do a run down on all of the forms of my ships and Jenna will edit and add bits in and do her own take on things.

Weapons for all the following ships should be your racial weapon, as state above.

Fighter:
Attack Form: Lethality and Dodge
Defence Form: Lethality Defence and Dodge

One ship build of Lethality Defence and Target.( Or Target and Attack if you don't mind losing ships. )
Frigate:
Attack Form: Attack and Speed
Defence Form: Dodge and Lethality Defence

Do not use Frigates.
Cruisers:
Attack Form: Target, Attack and Speed
Defence Form: Dodge, Lethality Defence and Defence

Target, Attack, Dodge. You should only have one build.
Battleships:
Attack Form: Target, Attack and Speed
Defence Form: Dodge, Lethality Defence and Defence
Do not use battleships
Motherships:
Attack Form 1: Target, Dodge, Attack and Speed
Attack Form 2: Lethality, Dodge, Attack and Speed

Defence Form: Dodge, Armour, Defence and Lethality Defence

For attack builds, Motherships should be: Target, Attack, Dodge, LethalityDefence.
These are just GUIDES and not fact, everyone is DIFFERENT. Some are not required, as I do have most of these classes, I do not use multiple Forms (Attack/Defence) for anything other than Motherships, as I see no need.

Additions made in this color are from Aramel. These are opinions, not facts. You may choose whatever you want, if you wish.

Check out our other guides here!
Back to top Go down
nvillian

Ship Builds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ship Builds   Ship Builds EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 1:59 am

How up to date is this, in regards to the MS's, given the most recent changes to this game? I found the defense setup to not be so effective and beaten out by those with a much higher war stat due to the fact there wasn't enough damage being done on the defensive side. (my personal experience of course)
Back to top Go down
Zhan
Jackie Zhan
Zhan

Ship Builds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ship Builds   Ship Builds EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 2:27 am

nvillian wrote:
How up to date is this, in regards to the MS's, given the most recent changes to this game? I found the defense setup to not be so effective and beaten out by those with a much higher war stat due to the fact there wasn't enough damage being done on the defensive side. (my personal experience of course)
Yesterday's update made it so defensive builds / com hero tanks are not particularily useful any more.
Back to top Go down
M'hael Aramel
Admin
M'hael Aramel

Ship Builds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ship Builds   Ship Builds EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 4:17 am

nvillian wrote:

Basically, it's the higher the war. the better.
I try to have it at a 40/60 ratio of war to command now.
Averaging at 232 command average and 277.6 war average.

Now, tanks are useless if they don't have war because they take such high damage. And damage is what the win is based off of.
Back to top Go down
https://aielamanshan.forumotion.com
nvillian

Ship Builds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ship Builds   Ship Builds EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 10:18 am

Shame a hero reset isn't given to players so we can adjust as the game changed. Half my hero's were mostly com the other half were the com=war+100.

So considering how the game is played today, what types of tech would be recommended for MS, attack/defense?
Back to top Go down
M'hael Aramel
Admin
M'hael Aramel

Ship Builds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ship Builds   Ship Builds EmptyWed Feb 08, 2012 3:59 pm

I just use the same build. Dodge, Target, Attack, Leth.Defense. Tanks are useless now. The higher the war the better.
Back to top Go down
https://aielamanshan.forumotion.com
Visitor

Ship Builds Empty
PostSubject: ...   Ship Builds EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 9:53 am

So if I am reading correctly, you all are no longer advocating having an attack build and a defense build for MotherShips? But rather the same build (previously used for Defense) with a high war stat from the hero?

Sincerely.
Back to top Go down
Zhan
Jackie Zhan
Zhan

Ship Builds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ship Builds   Ship Builds EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 1:47 pm

Visitor wrote:
So if I am reading correctly, you all are no longer advocating having an attack build and a defense build for MotherShips? But rather the same build (previously used for Defense) with a high war stat from the hero?

Sincerely.

Personally, I'd say to stick with a single build, be it offensive or defensive (I use the balanced-ish one Aramel posted). Since command tanks are no longer viable in the game, the separate builds no longer apply.
Back to top Go down
Visitor

Ship Builds Empty
PostSubject: Thanks!   Ship Builds EmptySat Apr 07, 2012 4:41 pm

Thank you, the ship build you suggested is working out nicely.

I am told some people do not use MS's though? Can anyone tell me about the fighter strategy of ship building?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ship Builds Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ship Builds   Ship Builds Empty

Back to top Go down

Ship Builds
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Aielaman'Shan :: Public :: Newbie Section/Guides-
Jump to: