Aielaman'Shan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wheel of Time's The Old Tongue - It means: Dedicated Dragon Lord/s

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Spy reports master list here
RIP Iris.
35 days, 9 hours.
Chat

New to the game? Welcome! Here's some helpful tips!

Go down 
2 posters

Did you find this guide helpful?
Yes
New to the game? Welcome! Here's some helpful tips! I_vote_lcap100%New to the game? Welcome! Here's some helpful tips! I_vote_rcap
 100% [ 3 ]
No
New to the game? Welcome! Here's some helpful tips! I_vote_lcap0%New to the game? Welcome! Here's some helpful tips! I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 3

AuthorMessage
nvillian1

New to the game? Welcome! Here's some helpful tips! Empty
PostSubject: New to the game? Welcome! Here's some helpful tips!   New to the game? Welcome! Here's some helpful tips! EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 11:51 am

Starting out new to a game that has already been around for awhile can always be frustrating but at the same time it allows you to learn from others and really hit the ground running!

Which race to pick/Which is best?
This question has been asked a lot and it comes down to the end game where you'll be attacking players for resources mostly so this is the deciding factor. It is generally believed that the races are well balanced.The only difference, besides the graphics, is their weapon type. Each has their own specific weapon and only their specific weapon can be upgraded beyond level 20. your choices are the following:

-Vereen (Demon-looking race): Highest damage with highest chances to completely destroy ships at the cost of having the WORST accuracy possible. Later in the game max damage and the ability to destroy ships is very important so Vereen are considered very favorable.
-Human (Hope you know what those look like): Lowest damage, lowest ability to destroy ships completely but have the highest accuracy. This race is good in the beginning before your other technology is upgraded but in the end suffer with the lowest kills.
-Alcon (Elven-looking race): Your Jack-Of-All-Trades. 2nd best in all categories. My personal choice.
-Mu (Bunnies and the like): Nothing good nor bad at anything except looking cute. If that's your thing then that's your thing.

Starting off:
Follow the tutorial and learn what you can. Do try to read it. There's some useful stuff. Whatever you have questions with later I'm sure I can help address.

The easiest way to start this game is to follow the quests/missions. Not only will they help you figure out where everything is but they will also reward you with a lot of resources. The building quests in particular are important as you don't want to run out of resources before you run out of AP. If you follow the building quests up till around building level 10 (someone feel free to correct me) you will actually be rewarded with more resources then the initial building cost to upgrade.

Buildings
-Command center: This building increases your credits earned per hour and also allows you to upgrade buildings further. No building can be upgraded higher than your current command center. This building is costly and takes the most time to build.

-Shipyard: This building unlocks new ships, reduces the build time of ships and also increases your the maximum number of ships you can have in stand by unassigned to your hero's (more on this later) From a beginner stand point, don't be too worried about storage.

-Laboratory: This building helps improve your technology levels and reduces resource requirements for building ships. Later in the game, aside from your command center, this building will be your most important. (more on this later)

-Institute: This building help further reduce resource requirements for ships and also provides some additional technology. This building really isn't that important and the technology it provides aren't really that critical. (more on this later)

-Ore Mine/Power Plant: These buildings increase the amount of resources you will get per hour. In the beginning these are very important as they are a main source of resources. Don't go crazy with these just yet and continue following the building mission quests.

-Emplacement: Once PvP comes into the game this structure is very important. It helps defend your planets when you are attacked in addition to your equiped ships. However, it is largely ineffectual late-game.I would disagree. The difference between a loss and a win to me with battles depends on what planet they attack. I think overall this is a good building to build. When you get a new planet it's a good idea to build up your Control Center and Emplacement as soon as possible.

-Tavern: This is where you'll find your heroes. I'll discuss hero's more later but what you should know about the tavern is it increases your odds of getting better hero's and your hero's level (hero's level from the tavern is NOT important at all). Your tavern starts out with the ability to store up to 5x the amount of refreshes to increase your odds for better hero's. This takes time however and you will see how much time and improved odds you have inside the tavern. It's generally a good idea to only refresh your tavern when your odds are as high as possible. Your max odds will increase by +1 for every 5 tavern levels.

Technology (Laboratory):
Go to your lab and you'll see 4 rows:
-The first is your weapon tech. Depending on which race you picked I'd recommend ONLY upgrading that tech. Truth be told, before your command center and laboratory reach above level 20 all of the weapon techs are the same and vailable to you. However only your class specific weapon tech can go beyond level 20 and all others just add to your total power without providing you any benefit. Stick with 1 and ignore the others. Some do recommend upgrading and using biochem until level 20 because of its high lethality. After that, racial weapons' higher level make them preferred.
-The second row is your offensive addons. Target improves your accuracy and is VERY important. Highly recommend upgrading this to max. Attack improves your base damage along with your weapon tech. Another tech I highly recommend maxing. Lethality improves your ability to completely destroy ships making them unrepairable. This tech serves only a player-vs-player function. It's more or a "Don't tread on me!" when used to defend and a spiteful "I'm going to make things hard for you!" when attacking. Unrepairable ships cost money and time and can really annoy those you attack or are defending against if you are using this. This also takes away from your ability to defend your own ships. In the early stages of the game you will not need this. Come back to this tech later in the game when you are more powerful.
-The third row are your defensive techs. There are weapon specific techs that improve your defense A LOT against that weapon type and then there is armor which is a reduced defense but it is against all weapon types. Since you'll be doing war missions a lot in the begining it is HIGHLY recommended you upgrade and use the weapon defense for the particular chapter war you are on. Later on they aren't very useful. As such, their use is considered questionable.
-The fourth row is more defensive techs. Dodge helps increase your ability to take no damage by reducing your enemies accuracy. This is a counter to target. It is highly recommend you max this. Defense is another tech like the ones in row 3 that increase your armor and ability to reduce damage. Both Armor and Defense do the exact same thing and can stack with each other in addition to any weapon specific defenses. If you wish to command a defensive set of ships while you are away then it is recommended to use both defense and armor at max but just so you know the best defense is a good offense in this game. These techs are a direct counter to attack. Lethality Defense reduces the chances that your ships will be completely destroyed and unable to be repaired. This is HIGHLY recommended later in the game! Keep up with these upgrades when time permits. They are helpful in chapter wars as well but in chapter wars you get a full refund on lost ships so you'd only save time, more on this later. Last but not least is Speed. This tech is very situational. It increases your ships speed and allows the faster ships to attack first. Higher ranked ships have lower speed so unless you are facing your same rank ships, Speed is rather useless. The idea behind its usage is that you can attack first and do A LOT of damage to the enemy so that when they get their turn their fleet is reduced and with that their damage.

Technology(Institute):
These techs rather explain themselves. They are all cheap and work maxing when your Laboratory techs are finished and you have nothing else to do with the exception of exploration.
-First rows reduces production time on builds and ships.
-Second row has Spy which is only useful in PVP. You can spy on others to see if they are worth attacking. The higher your spy, the more you learn. Lower spy will return only partial results. Exploration increases the amount of resources you get when you visit friends.(more on exploration later)
-Third row is productivity and new galaxy. The first increases the amount of resources you get from your command center/power plant/ore mine but a percentage. Worth maxing. New Galxy is for those that wish to start their own galaxies. Considering there are over 400 galaxies and less than half of them have over 40 members, I wouldn't waste my resources on this unless you REALLY want to be a leader.

Heroes:
There are 4 hero types and 4 different ranks of each.
-The 4 ranks are seen by the hero's color and number of stars. white>green>blue>purple. Higher color hero's gain more points to their HIGHEST/PRIMARY skill per level (blue and purple gain points to their secondary skills also) and also gain more assignable skill points. To start you will take whatever hero's you can get but keep an eye open for the higher ranked ones and upgrade your old lower ranked ones whenever possible!
-The 4 hero types are Build, Technology, Command and War. Since any task you wish to acomplish requires a hero to do it for you, specailized heroes make those jobs faster and easier. A Builder hero will reduce the time required to upgrade buildings and produce ships. It is HIGHLY recommended to have at least 2. Technology helps reduce the time required to upgrade technology. It is only recommended to have 1. Command and War hero's generally are the same. More command allows you to use more ships while more war allows your ships to do more damage. Since you can command 5 fleets of ships maximum it is HIGHLY recommended you have 5 command/war heroes.

In the early stages of the game try to stick with white Command hero's and improve your command skill however possible with items (more on this later) and available skills. Green and Blue hereo's should have a BASE command equal to your war + 96. Purple heroes are a different story and if you get one of them early in the game then congrats!

Equiping your heroe's:
At the bottom of your screen there's a button that says "MALL". There is where you can purchase equipment for your hero. This equipment has the same rank/color as hero's and the stats each equipment has adds to your hero's. The highest level equipment is 50. Green level 50 should be your staple equipment until you can find the occasional blue/purple. Obviously try to equip your hero's with gear that complements their skill set. You can find equipment randomly in battles and visits but your best chances are in the MALL. Building and Technology hero's need obvious equipment. Your war/command hero's are a different story. It is HIGHLY recommended that you keep a full set of both WAR and COMMAND gear in order to be able to switch around your stats. Try to look for green level 50 equipment but upgrade whenever possible until you find it.

Resources
In this game, there are several resources you will be using for different things.
Credits - Credits is the form of currency in the universe of Time World. It is used for buying things in the Mall and buying the other resources "Ore" and "Energy". It is also used for upgrading buildings.
Ore - Ore is the most used resource. You can use it for building your buildings, ships, and also for donating to a galaxy wonder. You can also buy(10 credits each) and sell(2 credits each) this in the "Trade" Tab of your Tavern.
Energy -Energy has a few uses and will be used more late game when you start getting higher power. it is used in upgrading buildings, ships, and is also used for attacking other players. The current rate for attacking is 1 energy per 8000 army.You can also buy(20 credits each) and sell(4 credits each) this in the "Trade" Tab of your Tavern.
Action Points - Action points are used for attacking other players or chapters, spying players and pillar raiding(2 for every 1 attack on players or pillar raiding, 1 for chapter missions or spying). You get a refresh of 1 every 15 minutes.
Gold - Gold is Special form of credits, used to buy things in the Mall. You can only get Gold from referring new players or buying it with kreds.

Grammar fixes, some additions (in this color). --Zhan
Additions made. ~Aramel

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Check out our other guides here!
Back to top Go down
Zhan
Jackie Zhan
Zhan

PostSubject: Re: New to the game? Welcome! Here's some helpful tips!   New to the game? Welcome! Here's some helpful tips! EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 6:43 am

A huge thank you to nvillian for this guide.

We've put up a bunch of guides, but have been struggling on a comprehensive newbie guide. I've messed a bit with formatting and grammar and added a few points. Hope you don't mind Very Happy
Back to top Go down
nvillian1

PostSubject: Re: New to the game? Welcome! Here's some helpful tips!   New to the game? Welcome! Here's some helpful tips! EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 9:09 am

Zhan wrote:
A huge thank you to nvillian for this guide.

We've put up a bunch of guides, but have been struggling on a comprehensive newbie guide. I've messed a bit with formatting and grammar and added a few points. Hope you don't mind Very Happy
Not at all =)
Your additions fit in very well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New to the game? Welcome! Here's some helpful tips!   New to the game? Welcome! Here's some helpful tips! Empty

Back to top Go down

New to the game? Welcome! Here's some helpful tips!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Aielaman'Shan :: Public :: Newbie Section/Guides-
Jump to: