Aielaman'Shan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wheel of Time's The Old Tongue - It means: Dedicated Dragon Lord/s

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Spy reports master list here
RIP Iris.
35 days, 9 hours.
Chat

Command and war

Go down 
+2
Zhan
kaldrim
6 posters
AuthorMessage
kaldrim
kaldrim

Command and war Empty
PostSubject: Command and war   Command and war EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 9:44 pm

Command = bigger fleet

War = stronger army

There is a lot more person choice in this than there is strategical. First just how large do you want your army to be, you can completely overwhelm your opponent with numbers easily but sometimes your opponent can easily wipe you if his war attributes on his heroes is high.

Since your army will mostly be mother ships I'll refer to them. A mother ship is 8 command per ship, so you can put in 8 points in command to add a new ship, but 8 points in war is 8% army damage. Well starting out it makes more sense to put points into command because the power of 1 mother ship is powerful as it is, the point when getting higher war than command is when you have 38-50 assigned MS to one hero, then every 2-4 points in war is basically like adding the dmg of another MS.

Now for lower tier ships, having more war is the best because you can have huge amounts of them in your fleet.

Fighter-------500 Army Str-------0.01 Command
Frigate-----3000 Army Str-------0.06 Command
Cruiser---15,000 Army Str------0.28 Command
Battleship----90,000 Army Str------1.6 Command
Mothership----500,000 Army Str-----8.0 Command

So for ships tier 3 and down it is a lot better to major in war because you'll easily hold over 100 ships on a hero. so that would make 1 war be like adding and extra ship, if you have even 100 anyways. you may think that raising you command would be better for lower level ships too because 1 ship is not as good as 1 command for 100 more, but every-time you raise command your total power goes up. So this is were your personal choice comes in, you may be able to hold bigger fleets of ships but so can the enemy. It is about 62,500 total points per point of command you gain.

As for equipping I would keep sets of both just in-case. you might need a larger fleet for something or you but need a stronger fleet for something. you can mix and match equips to your liking also, but I would still hold 1 set of command and 1 set of war for your attacking heroes.

if you have any more question just ask or if you see a problem tell me and I'll try to update it.

Ship command values fixed. Thanks Jenn! Some grammar tweaking --Zhan

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Check out our other guides here!
Back to top Go down
Zhan
Jackie Zhan
Zhan

Command and war Empty
PostSubject: Re: Command and war   Command and war EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 9:47 pm

A note:

1 mothership = 8 command
1 battleship = 1.6 command
4 cruisers = 1 command (not sure)
16.6 frigates = 1 command (not sure either)
100 fighters = 1 command
Back to top Go down
Jennisis
Head Secretary
Jennisis

Command and war Empty
PostSubject: Re: Command and war   Command and war EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 12:07 am

Ship values are in the in-game FAQ

Class I-------500 Army Str-------0.01 Command
Class II-----3000 Army Str-------0.06 Command
Class III---15,000 Army Str------0.28 Command
Class IV----90,000 Army Str------1.6 Command
Class V----500,000 Army Str-----8.0 Command
Back to top Go down
nvillian

Command and war Empty
PostSubject: Re: Command and war   Command and war EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 10:12 am

I created a worksheet showing the best com/war usage for a hero based on your post

Enjoy

[url=http://kongregate com/forums/111-time-world/topics/241223-war-comm-96-confirmed]link[/url]

Linkified --Zhan
Back to top Go down
hedless

Command and war Empty
PostSubject: Re: Command and war   Command and war EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 6:27 pm

Not to mention, If your War is higher, your doing similer damage, but your using/ losing less ships, = winning ;D
Back to top Go down
HackAR

Command and war Empty
PostSubject: Re: Command and war   Command and war EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 5:27 pm

Ok, few questions:
1. whats the best items for increasing war/cmd? I think deamon sword for a weapon, but what about the other?
2. is the formula (war = cmd +96) based pure on stated power in game? Is it confirmed to be the best for the battles?
Back to top Go down
Jennisis
Head Secretary
Jennisis

Command and war Empty
PostSubject: Re: Command and war   Command and war EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 5:49 pm

HackAR wrote:
Ok, few questions:
1. whats the best items for increasing war/cmd? I think deamon sword for a weapon, but what about the other?

Short of hand and bodies you find and are lucky enough to obtain from the mall, demon equips are obviously the best stat-wise. Bubble equips are the most efficient, though ideally of course one would want all demon. I frequently get the advice to get 3 bubble swords then start saving for demon sword, though this is of course subject to your own discretion. I think it depends mainly on how long you plan to be playing for; if you're going for the long run, then buy some bubbles and bunker down until you can afford demon equips. If not, then either go all bubbles or throw some spirit equips in there as well.

HackAR wrote:
2. is the formula (war = cmd +96) based pure on stated power in game? Is it confirmed to be the best for the battles?

This formula is indeed based off the stated power in game, and as I understand it, the mathematics behind it indicate it's best for the first volley in a battle. There are some other factors that play into it, though, mainly your skills, the opponent's skills, and what devices are equipped. If your weapon has a low hit rate or the opponent a high dodge rate then the effectiveness of this is somewhat diminished, though you will still have a high defensive boost thanks to the war buff. I believe it will still be the most efficient formula to use in a general case, until the tier-VI ships come out, and unless you're fighting an opponent of drastically higher or lower ability [ability here being a combination of tech level, weapon selection, and hero skills].
Back to top Go down
HackAR

Command and war Empty
PostSubject: Re: Command and war   Command and war EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 6:01 pm

1. well, i'd like to know the stats of those items Smile So I can determine the best config of a hero Smile

2. I'm not concerned about skills or ship designs, its independent of cmd/war configuration of the hero. Isn't it?

I'll write a program, which will help to level a hero. So I need to know the answer to question Nr1 Wink
Back to top Go down
nvillian1

Command and war Empty
PostSubject: Re: Command and war   Command and war EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 9:12 pm

Hack:
1) Anything war is ideal on a hero, at this time. Currently the war stat increases your damage and also increases your defense by reducing your opponents war, thus their damage. Any points spent on war vs. com in this nature would be points well spent, within reason. Currently the coupon weapons are the best choices compared to the neck/armor UNLESS you need to increase your build/tech on your fighting hero's. I personally see no value in the neck/armor for anything other than my tech hero.

I'd wait for new items that have com and war or hope for luck with blue/purple items

2) Com=War+96 really only helps with PVE in regards to MS, otherwise it's 100, not 96. I posted a spread sheet showing the difference in power giving different variations of war and com. This does NOT take into account PVP since your war stat is being reduced by your opponents. With that being said, the higher war stat will almost always win in todays game. Keeping with this higher war mentality you will also have less fleet available per hero so your overall power will be lower thus taking you out of the range of higher $$ spending players
Back to top Go down
HackAR

Command and war Empty
PostSubject: Re: Command and war   Command and war EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 9:33 pm

So you're saying, if I train my hero from lvl 1 on and put everything on war, I'll win every battle? (ignoring equipment and skills at this time)
Back to top Go down
nvillian1

Command and war Empty
PostSubject: Re: Command and war   Command and war EmptyFri Feb 24, 2012 10:10 pm

HackAR wrote:
So you're saying, if I train my hero from lvl 1 on and put everything on war, I'll win every battle? (ignoring equipment and skills at this time)

no, not at all.
I've been following a 40/60 com/war with my purple/blue hero's. My purple hero's wear com/war blue/purple gear and my blue hero's where green war gear. The end result is to have as much war as possible. Ideally, with gear, you want to have your war way over 100 compared to your com by roughly 120 to 150.
Back to top Go down
Jennisis
Head Secretary
Jennisis

Command and war Empty
PostSubject: Re: Command and war   Command and war EmptySat Feb 25, 2012 1:01 am

HackAR wrote:

It all depends on what power level you want to dominate in your end-game; command dictates total army equippable which in turn dictates much of your power as a player. For example, if you want to hover around the 50 to 70 million power range, you'll want anywhere from 100 to 130 motherships in your max army. That means a total of 800 to 1040 command spread evenly amongst your 5 combat heroes, averaging 160 to 208 command for each hero. By pumping everything else into war, you will have little to no trouble. [Assuming your skills are at par with everyone else in this range, which is a poor assumption to make!]

With the above as an example, just remember that every 8 command on a combat hero adds 500,000 to your power due to the army strength of a MS. [this obviously changes if you're using fighters; could a fighter player comment on this as well please?]

[Edit] Keep in mind that the power gain from command points is also offset by the power you would have gained if you had put that point into war instead. From some rudimentary calculations using +29 equips of war and command I've found that when I replace a war equip with a command equip, my power goes up an average of 461,667 for every new MS.

Last edited by Jennisis on Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:04 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added some actual numbers)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Command and war Empty
PostSubject: Re: Command and war   Command and war Empty

Back to top Go down

Command and war
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Aielaman'Shan :: Public :: Newbie Section/Guides-
Jump to: