Aielaman'Shan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wheel of Time's The Old Tongue - It means: Dedicated Dragon Lord/s

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Spy reports master list here
RIP Iris.
35 days, 9 hours.
Chat

Offline Strategy

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Zhan
Jackie Zhan
Zhan

Offline Strategy Empty
PostSubject: Offline Strategy   Offline Strategy EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 11:35 pm

DO NOT DO THIS!
This has been rendered completely useless by the 2/2/12 patch.

Offline Strategy
~A guide by Zhan~

Please note that this guide may be obsolete due to pillar defense. Also slightly dated because protection is no longer pegged to server reset.

Lately, I've taken to a bit of a simple thing when I go offline for the night. I've had to explain it several times, so I'll do it here. To begin with, I do not take credit for it; I'd seen it done by a number of people before, most notably TEO. I do see variants of this done by many players. This works best for those who run on something close to server time (i.e. sleeping between 0000 to 0500 server time).

Basics
So, what I do when I log off for the night, is drop my army to almost zero.

Why?
1. This protects your army while you're offline. I know I've logged on too many times to find half of it gone. Also, you'll go into protection after (1 + chapter you're on) attacks on you. Your army is then safe (except for revenge) for the rest of the day. No more getting hit while recovering from raids or moving ships around.
2. Also, at least for me, I'm in protection by around 0500 server time each day, so you really only lose 5 hours worth of production max each day. Easily offset by ships saved.
3. You then have a list of people you can revenge any time after you log on. You can bypass their protection this way, too. And when you revenge against someone, you can't get revenged back.

More
Now, I said earlier, I drop my army to almost zero. Why not zero? Well, the game will automatically assign something to a hero if you get attacked; you're not allowed to have no defense. So to prevent something valuable from getting assigned, I assign a fighter to a hero. I see many people assign a mothership to each hero or something, but this then allows said those heroes and ship builds to get scouted. So I prefer putting a fighter on a build or tech hero.

My two cents. Very Happy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Check out our other guides here!

Last edited by Zhan on Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:59 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
hedless

Offline Strategy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Offline Strategy   Offline Strategy EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 12:42 pm

Unless of course you are low on resources and looking to make some more, for some reason the resources gain is normally higher than the amount needed to build the amount of ships that you lost, so as long as your willing to wait for the ship build time, there is a gain to being attacked. But best to do this when you have many reserve ships as sinking below max army near to a raid time is generally a bad thing
Back to top Go down
KingYellow

Offline Strategy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Offline Strategy   Offline Strategy EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 8:11 am

From my point of view, reducing the fleet to 1 ship per hero has the following consequences:

Disadvantages

1. You never will get resources from a successful defense war.

2. If attacked at night and not loosing ships, one does not need to rebuild those ships, hence you don't get any extra XP for your heros. Not from winning a defense war and not from rebuilding the lost ships. (Hope it is more clear now)

3. Your resources are not protected. Therefore, it is not wise to have unused stocks in your faults, especially huge amounts of energy.

Advantage

1. You are more likely to be attacked during your off-time, maybe even to the point where you get the Hit-Protection.

Being under Hit-Protection is cool.
Being attacked in itself is a reward, since one can launch multiple revenge attacks on the same player without the 1 hr wait (assuming the same player attacked you several times, which happens pretty frequently to me).

2. You do not risk to loose a huge amount of resources.

If a stronger or a group of stronger players gang up on you during your off-time, the destroyed ships will add to the resource stocks on your planet. Hence it is more likely that they attack you again AND you may not have enough resources left to rebuild your fleet.

3. Planing ahead is very easy.

Reducing your stocks to almost zero does not mean you have to start from scratch every day. This will be especially not the case, if you build excess ships during your of time. Simply do a Pillar, Boss or Storyline fight and you get 100% of the resources from the destroyed ships - however you may have to invest APs or gems.

(edited - hope it's more clear now)

Last edited by KingYellow on Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:41 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Zhan
Jackie Zhan
Zhan

Offline Strategy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Offline Strategy   Offline Strategy EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 9:03 am

KingYellow wrote:
1. You never will get resources from a successful defense war.
True.

Quote :
2. If one needs to rebuild ships, one can consider this extra training - but you may consider this a waste of time.
I don't understand; why are you rebuilding ships?

Quote :
3. It is not wise to have unused stocks on your faults, especially huge amounts of energy.
Yes, you should spend all your resources, and dump whatever's left into repairing the pillar/building the wonder.

Quote :
1. You are more likely to be attacked during your off-time, maybe even to the point where u get the Hit-Protection.
Yes. That's exactly it.

Quote :
Being attacked in itself is a reward, since one can launch multiple revenge attacks on the same player without the 1hr wait (assuming the same player attacked you several times, which happens pretty frequently to me).
Indeed. Also, you can't get revenged back on revenge attacks.

Quote :
2. You do not risk to loose a huge amount of resources. If a stronger or a group of stronger players gang up on you during your off-time, the destroyed ships will add to the resource stocks on your planet. Hence it is more likely they attack you again AND you may not have enough resources left to rebuild your fleet.
Again, I don't understand why you want to rebuild your fleet.

Quote :
3. Planing ahead is very easy. Reducing your stocks to almost zero does not mean you have to start from scratch every day. This will specially not the case, if you build excess ships during your of time. Simply do a Pillar, Boss or Storyline fight and you get 100% of the resources from the destroyed ships - however you may have to invest APs or gems.
Okay, this does require rebuilding. But most of your income should come from attacking other players. All you need is enough energy to launch a single attack.
Back to top Go down
KingYellow

Offline Strategy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Offline Strategy   Offline Strategy EmptyFri Jan 27, 2012 10:43 am

Zhan wrote:

Okay, this does require rebuilding. But most of your income should come from attacking other players. All you need is enough energy to launch a single attack.

Sure, but I was not writing about maximizing the income, I was writing about minimizing losses and hence minimizing the proftit of any attacker.

Anyways, I sometimes have the problem of not having enough energy for the first attack on any other player in the morning. But I have APs for sure. And since I get all resources from destroyed ships, my first move everyday is attacking any suited storyline quest in order to get ships destroyed and their energy collected.
Since I now want to do my 2nd move: attack players, I consider it of advantage to have some ships in stock to reinforce my fleet to full power.
(...)
End of my game-day, I build the ships, I intend to "sacrifice" the next day - if the proper term for that is "rebuilding" or not is beyond my knowledge of your language. Hope, what I wrote is still helpful for those players that have problems with off-time attacks - and there seem to be a few of us, if my interpretation of galaxy chat is correct.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Offline Strategy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Offline Strategy   Offline Strategy Empty

Back to top Go down

Offline Strategy
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Aielaman'Shan :: Public :: Newbie Section/Guides-
Jump to: